Explore Your Options
A night on the town is all about making smart choices. One of the main goals of Safe Rides Unlimited is to educate people about planning ahead and exploring their options. The first step in preventing drunk driving is to have people change the way they think about night life. We encourage people to take some time and create a plan with friends, explore all available options that would prevent them from driving drunk and then utilize one of these options.
We are all governed by free will (but also by the federal, state, and local laws of the United States). Safe Rides encourages you to make smart choices for your own sense of well being, your own health, your own safety, and the safety of others. Alcohol is a choice that many of us make for a variety of reasons: we enjoy the taste of beer, wine, or cocktails. It is a social thing to do. It relaxes us when we are out with friends or on a date. It is something we associate with fun and good times.
Here are a few options that Safe Rides Unlimited encourages you to consider:
- If you are looking to go out, take some time out to Explore Your Options to plan ahead and prevent from ending up in a situation where you are tempted to drive while intoxicated.
- If you are going out, and alcohol will be a part of your evening, plan that evening through us so that round-trip transportation is assured and no one has to face late-evening choices about driving while intoxicated.
- Have a great time, but drink responsibly. Too much alcohol on too regular basis can be addictive.
- If you believe that you or a loved one or friend has a problem with alcohol, we encourage you to seek professional help. Alcoholism is a disease and requires treatment.
- Tell others about Safe Rides Unlimited. The more people who use our service, the fewer the possibilities for drunken driving accidents and tragedies.